The attack that hit our NHS Hospitals, GP’s and Pharmacies was part of a Global Untargetted Attack, that has impacted over 200,000 known victims spread across 150 Countries. BBC analysis of three accounts linked to the ransom demands suggest hackers have already been paid the equivalent of £22,080. If you have been affected by this Ransomware, please Do NOT Pay the Ransom and contact us.
There is no reason why you should be impacted by this Global Cyber-Attack, if you follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT Click on ANY Links within Emails UNLESS you know where they have come from. If in doubt, visit the website directly and navigate to the page you are being asked to visit.
- Ensure that your Anti-Virus Program is Installed, Enabled and Updated.
- Ensure that your Anti-Malware Program is Installed, Enabled and Updated.
- Ensure that your Computer is Fully Updated with All Windows Security Patches.
- Check that you have Regular Backups and that they are tested frequently. Backups need to either be Removable Storage or Offsite, such as the Cloud.
With all of the above in place, you do not need to worry about being impacted now or in the future from any similar type of attack.
If you are not already a customer of ours, or you do not have any or some of the protection in place as mentioned above, or you have questions about your existing IT Partner or Personnel, then please get in touch so that we can help you stay protected and safe, both at work and also at home.
We have some Entry Level Plans available that will protect you from various threats, such as Cyber Attacks, that start from £4.16 per Month per Desktop. These are available for Business Users & Home Users. To take a look, please click here – https://www.melonpup.com/billing/cart.php?gid=4
If you would like to discuss having a more thorough solution in place, or if you would like to protect your Servers as well, please reply to this email or give me a call, so that we can Book an Appointment to come and see you.